How to Write a Book This Year
“Books are messages first: ideas, things that have weight to them, things that inspire other people. And when you realize that books are messages that words contain, then you can take pressure off yourself to say, ‘I have to do it perfectly.’” —Azul Terronez
Do you have an idea for a book but don’t know where to start? Question after question may come to your mind as you wonder how to write your book. That’s why we here at “Authors Who Lead” have programs and a community to support writers. It can be overwhelming to research all the steps that need to happen between thinking of your original book idea and putting a finished book in your readers’ hands.
On this week’s episode of “Authors Who Lead,” I talk about the reasons people don’t get their books written, how you can avoid those obstacles, and how you can join our community of authors to help you to write, publish, and market your book.
Clarity, Crystallize, Commitment
In our programs, we help authors get clarity around their message, crystallize that message, and commit to finishing their books. In school we were taught to edit our writing but not necessarily how to actually write. In order to get clarity around what we want to write about, we need to take off our editor hat and just concentrate on our message. We can leave grammar and spelling checks to our editors—that’s their job.
When we commit to writing our books, we make space in our heads and time in our schedule for it. Many people say they want to write a book, but only a small percentage actually finish. That’s where “Authors Who Lead” steps in to help.
1. Author Apprentice Program. This program is the most affordable at 90 days for $90. Here you can join a writing community, sign up for accountability times to write, and meet other author leaders as you write and publish your book.
2. Dedicated Author Program. This program is for those who want to go at their own pace to write and publish their books. Along with everything that the Author Apprentice Program has, the Dedicated Author also offers access to course materials for writing, publishing, and marketing your book, as well as group coaching calls and workshops.
Right now we are offering the Dedicated Author Program for only $99 per month so you can write, publish, and market your book this year!
3. Mentored Author Program. If you are on track to write, publish, and market your book within twelve months, this program is for you. You will write your book with a small cohort and have access to writing coaches. Once you’ve finished your book, we have access to our own award-winning graphic artists and editors that we use in our publishing company, Mandala Tree Press.
In this podcast, I also share:
- How imposter syndrome can keep writers from finishing their books
- Why you shouldn’t worry about someone “stealing” your idea
- That it is possible to write your book in thirty days, but you need clarity first
- Why accountability is important for success
- How writing a book can help grow your business
- The importance of community for authors
I’m so grateful that you listened to this podcast. I appreciate anybody who leaves a review; it really helps inspire us to keep contributing and giving content here.
What was your biggest takeaway from this episode? What is your biggest obstacle to starting to write your book? In the comments, share your biggest obstacles.
That’s all for this week. If you have a message inside you that needs to be written, know that you can write and publish the book that’s been on your heart. Don’t delay—get out of your head, put words on the page today, and make a movement with your message!