Hey, I’m Azul. I went from being an unknown school teacher to a bestselling author, but I wasn’t always that confident that I could do it. I didn’t know I was dyslexic until I flunked English when I was at UCLA. That discovery explained why writing and reading were such a struggle and it motivated me.
I went on to graduate with a Master’s degree and became a teacher, an English teacher of course. That path led me to guide hundreds of students to write and become published authors. In 2014, one of my eighth-grade students asked me, “Hey, Mr. Terronez, where’s your book?” That question was a tough one. I hadn’t written my book yet.
I had thought about it for 24 years, but I never sat down to write it. My student’s question really lit a fire for me. I set a bold goal to write my book in 30 days and that was the beginning of my journey to becoming a bestselling author. It also ignited my passion to help other leaders do the same so I left the classroom to pursue it.
I’ve helped hundreds of authors write and publish their books and have become the go-to book coach to influencers like Pat Flynn of Smart Passive Income and Jadah Sellner, Co-founder of Simple Green Smoothies.Writing a book will open up new and incredible opportunities for you, like it did for me. My first book, The Art of Apprenticeship, got the attention of a TEDx organizer who invited me to give a talk in 2016. My TEDx talk, What Makes a Good Teacher Great? has amassed 2.9 million views and I’m getting paid 5-figures to speak internationally. I’ve also recently been recognized as Wall Street Journal and USA Today bestselling author.
Hey, I’m Steve, I ditched a 6-figure career in health care to become a rideshare driver for $12 an hour because I was burnt out and wanted my message to matter. Taking that action was one of the steps that brought me to become a creative leader and host of Soul and Stories podcast.
As a kid I dreamed of traveling the world, but my traditional work-life consisted of 2-week vacations that left me yearning for a life of adventure.
I wanted the best of both worlds — career and adventure — and, at first, I settled for the career part. From the outside, my life looked great. I was an industrial engineer at the top of my game, managing a huge team and a multimillion-dollar budget for building a new hospital. Still, I longed for something more.
In 2012, I took the leap of faith and gave up my laptop for a backpack. I bought one-way tickets around the world looking for the message inside of me. It reignited my passion and opened me up to the idea of joining forces with Azul to focus on our shared passion, helping leaders.
Applying what I know from creating a learning and development center and building transformational leadership programs I now help authors like you thrive. I went from coaching CEOs in large organizations to helping authors make a movement with their message.
Podcasts Azul and Steve have been on
- “I AM A CREATOR” — Convert Kit
- “Azul Terronez (Writing Coach)” — The Amani Experience
- “Book Writing & How to Extract the Story We Want To Really Tell” — Boss Dad Podcast
- “Finding Peace in Knowing Nothing with Azul Terronez” — Quantum Coffee with Joe Hawley
- “Ep #36 – Dynamic Classroom Culture” — School Culture by Design
- “How to Gain Clarity by Staying Curious” — Content Hereos
- “Azul Terronez, Teaches Us How to Tell Our Story” — Whiskey & Work Podcast
- “What Makes a Great Teacher” — TED Talk
- “Azul Terronez on how to write a book and untrain your editor brain” — The Human Connection Podcast
- “Writing a Book That Changes You First” — Lead with Love: Creativity, Business & Life with Jadah Sellner
- “So You Want to Write A Book” — The Inspiration Place Podcast
- “What You Need To Do To Be Different with Azul Terronez” — The Jerry Brazie Podcast
- “How to trust your gut and take the leap to careate a successful online business” — The Cory Calvin Podcast
- “Helping YOU Become A Succesful Author” — Spot On Insurance Podcast
- “Influence Comes From Service; I Just Need To Show Up And Be Myself” — Unapologetically Sensitive
- “How To Collaborate For a Bigger Win” — Negotiate Anything
- “Azul Terronez of Authors Who Lead On How To Turn Your Books Into Marketing Machines” — The Shane Sams Show
- “#177: Authors Who Lead Summit” — The Virtual Summit Podcast
- “How To Publish Your Own Book” — Digital Nomad Mastery
- “If You Love Someone, Let Them Go to Argentina!” — The Small Moves Podcast
- “How To Find Your Ultimate Calling” — Scratch Your Own Itch
- “The Present Is The Only Moment We Have” — What’s Important Now
- “How the best business books get written and why to gete started on yours” — Amplify- The Personal Brand Entrepreneur Show
- “TriDot Training, Bicycle Maximum” — Sensory Strides
- “Should I hire a book coach and how do they help?” — Author Success Show
- “Want to Write A Transformational Book? Why Big Ideas Are Small Ideas” — The Thought Leadership Podcast
- “Authors Who Lead with Azul Terronez” — Write Hot Podcast
- “Transform Your Life Through Your Writing with Azul Terronez” — Positive on Publishing
- “Azul Terronez on How to Overcome Adversity for Writers” — The Sweet Adversity Podcast
Books and Articles Azul has written
- “How Books Can Become Your Best Content Marketing Strategy” — Entrepreneur
- “Avoid stress and burnout by writing a book” — Thrive Global
- “Why I Coached My Son to Drop Out of University and Maybe You Should, Too” — Thrive Global